Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Zero Day +1: Or Honey I'm Almost Home!

We have heard so many cliches, songs, wit, etc., about home...Home on the range (Roy and Gene), Home is where you hang your hat, I'm already there (some country) Honey I'm home (Desi and Luci), Home away from home. wait till I get home, or like I would always told my mother...I'll be home in a minute (sure).... and there is even Home fries.....(where did that come from).

Well my Stem cell babies made the journey yesterday at about 9:30 am. It was supposed to be a magnificently orchestrated moment thanks to Dustin my IPOD musical Coordinator- with Blue Danube waltzing the babies in. Bottom line, the bubba cooler arrived, the babies were thawed and hung....and I fell asleep..... to awake complete with my 2.5 mil plus SCBs.

Yes they are in a home, me but not really in the home they need to be YET! my bone marrow. This will occur, if all goes well.....and why not! beginning on days 10-14 from zero day implant.

Right now I'm trying to stay healthy to help them along. To the chagrin of my Doctor for sure...I even had a sub sandwich this afternoon....Gotta do what you have to do.....to get along.

For those interested in Pics....here are some of the events...except the one of me sleeping and snoring big time.....

They Arrive

They are Defrosted

They are on their way!!!!!!!!



Oh by the way, to add another experience to the delivery.....let's give it an odoriferous same day next day...experience. What do stem cells smell like "after the fact" at least for a while as they ooooze into your system.

My Grandfather Erminio (gee I loved this Man) would eat a bowl or two of linguine vongolle (Clams) lots of onion, oil, garlic, butter, broth, and other amazing seasonings), some bruchetta -more roasted garlic,(actually five day old Italian bread) with the sharpest provolone cheese - you could cure in your cellar in wheels (like so good), drink one or two glasses of home-made Ginny red....go to sleep and then meet you at the breakfast table in the morning to pursue some conversational wisdom. Get the picture.

3 comments:

  1. Baby, you "take my breath away!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Never knew how this process actually worked....I've heard about it, but never seen pics or heard about the process first hand!! How cool! Miss ya in class, but please get to feeling a little better!
    Sarah Capps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I officially have a good understanding of how the process works....How cool is that!!!...I got a feeling that your probably giving the doctors and nurses a bit of a time as well...lol...Anyways Hope all is well & get better soon because we all miss u :)

    Juanita Sandidge

    ReplyDelete